The 1950s were a period of prosperity of the bourgeoisie. After World War II, the spirit of the decade focused on family and fun. Cars, Roll music, skirts worn with bobby socks and saddle shoes are iconic symbols of the era. You can play clothes 1950 models with vintage or reproduction fabrics and clothing accessories. Vintage products are easily available through online auctions and antique stores. Tissue reproduction and reprint models are available in stores and fabric crafts.
- Select vintage or reproduction patterns to sew your own clothes 1950 There are model companies with
- websites that offer reissued vintage models of the most popular modes of each decade.If you are a purist and want to use the original models of the time, there are also websites that have these models.Patrons and used clothing and sewn in the 1950s are used and stitched the same as they are today. sewing techniques do not change over time.
- Use tissues 1950 vintage or reproduction. Silks, satins and natural fibers such as flax, cotton and wool have been widely used.Wool felt was a popular fabric used in the 1950s for the production of “skirts”. These wide, ballerina skirts were worn over starched crinolines that are always available in formal and bridal shops. 1950 fabric used with classical motifs, many Vichy and wild floral patterns.
- Use the 1950 or reproductions, zippers and other accessories to complete the look of your clothes stitched.Zippers since the 50s were made of metal and sewn cotton.Today, zippers are usually synthetic and plastic. Flea markets, antique stores and auctions offer a multitude of vintage sewing products.
- Choosing the right underwear 1950s and hosiery. Modern bobby socks and thigh hose can replace the vintage products without much differentiation.Vintage bras are available in the vintage clothing shops. Some underwear are available in an unworn state, virgin. Some may require the elastic replaced by sewing a piece of elastic 3/4 of the lower edge of the length of the bra to bra with a zigzag stitch. The outline of the rigid bust Pointier 1950 is difficult to reproduce in modern lingerie like colorful bras for sports and activities.
- Select vintage shoes or shoes in similar styles of the 1950s to complete a set.Saddle shoes, pointed toe pumps, rising sneakers, loafers and dress oxford style shoes have retained although not identical characteristics to that of their predecessors of the 1950s Hats was also an important part of the female and male wardrobe.Berets and pillbox hats were popular for women. Felts were popular for men. Reproductions of most 1950s hats are available in specialty stores.
1950’s Paris Skirt & Lauren Bacall Blouse
So Foxy Retro Dress – Navy
Best 25+ 1950s fashion ideas on Pinterest
1950s Vintage Reproduction Pattern: Misses Dress, Belt …
17 Best images about Vintage fashion on Pinterest
1950’s Western Skirt
1950s Circle Dress – Crimson
1940s Evening Dress – Victory Swing
25+ best 1940s fashion ideas on Pinterest
Vintage Sun Dress
1950s Shirt Dress – Dotty
Classic Retro Dress – dark blue
Stop Staring Film Noir Dress
Buy Retro 1950’s Vintage Dresses Online
Vintage clothing Men Tumblr Style for Women Models Tumblr …
1950s vintage inspired clothing
Sweetheart Cupcake dress
40s Weekender Dress – Red
The High Days – 50s Day Dress
1940s Shirt Dress – red ditsy